Monday, February 26, 2018

DUMeter is Good But NetSpeedMonitor is free!


DUMeter is Good But NetSpeedMonitor is free!


If you know DU Meter, you know what I am talking about. If you dont know DU Meter, here is a quick explanation. DU Meter is a great Windows app that lets you monitor your Computers Network speed and limit. If you are on a budget data limit, you can set alarms to let you know whether you are reaching your limit.

But thats not the best thing about network monitor apps. The most useful feature for me of DU Meter was that it lets me see my live internet speed. As a wireless internet user, this is really important for me, since most of the time, I would look at my modem and watch its light bleep away, but not have webpages show up on my browser. Its hard to tell whether my modem is actually working. However, with DU Meter , I could track whether my computer was actually downloading or uploading any data. If the up and download speed is at 0, then I simply restart my modem and that usually fix the problem. If the meter shows the computer is downloading and uploading, then I can my ISP and give them a piece of my mind. Not only this, if I get good speeds sometimes, I tend to do a lot of stuffs and download necessary items. If I find my internet extra grumpy and laggy, I tend to reschedule my tasks. So DU Meter was a must have app for me.

However, DU Meter is pain in the right spot. Firstly, the devs asks for money, for this awesome but pewny app. Yes, I am extremely reliable on it. Yes, it changed my life. Yes. it saves me from unbearable suspense. Still, it doesnt make me want to pay the devs. I dont support piracy. Devs work hard to develop apps. They deserve to be paid. But the choice should be mine. If I see the app is worthwhile, I would pay. You shouldnt force me. DU Meter has numerous ways to ask you for money. The most annoying thing is it makes you wait 5 seconds before can close the "please buy me" prompt. Imagine you are watching a YouTube video and this irritating prompt pops up and you cannot close it. That there made me feel annoyed at the devs. Because all they care about is getting rich, not what the user feels.

NetSpeedMonitor is just the opposite in terms of attitude. Its not as well composed as DU Meter, however it gets the job done. It has almost all features of DU Meters and then some. The best thing about is its price: $0.00. You dont have to pull out your wallet, because the dev only wants to make you happy. He kindly asks for a donation, which I would have done, if I had some money of my own.


NetSpeedMonitor is awesome, its 100% worth downloading, so here the link for download (personal Google Drive):
NetSpeedMonitor:  http://goo.gl/evAe0w

If you are looking for more apps, go to:
http://thetechandgamingblog.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

go to link download
download